Trainee Quantity Surveyor
Permanent - £18,000 - £25,000
Daniel Owen are proud to be representing a well-known social housing company based in Oxfordshire who are looking for an ambitious Trainee Quantity Surveyor to join their team.
They are looking for a proactive Trainee Quantity Surveyor who is wanting to progress quickly in a social housing environment where they will be supported from the start.
- Interested in working on response & planned maintenance contracts in the social housing sector.
- Knowledge and understanding of measurement and valuation including the use of Schedule of Rates.
- Commercial skills to maximise value recovery and control cost.
- Strong communication and time management skills
- Excellent IT skills including the use of internal cost systems and particularly advanced in Excel, including VLOOKUP and Pivot Tables as a minimum
- Experience of managing and improving internal and external customer relationships and conflict handling.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Strong organisational skills with a good attention to detail
- Proactive and positive, 'can do' attitude.
- Property services/construction industry interest
- IT and Excel Literate
- HNC or Degree in Quantity Surveying qualification required.
If this sounds like a role that suits your profile, then feel free to get in touch.