Senior Quantity Surveyor
Permanent - Very Competitive Salary & Car Allowance
Daniel Owen are proud to be representing a well-known housing association based in Hertfordshire who are looking for a highly skilled Senior Quantity Surveyor to join their team.
They are looking for an experienced Senior Quantity Surveyor who is experienced in small to large scale new build/residential projects and experience working within a housing association, contractor or local authority.
- Develop an understanding of the designated contract, specification and pricing to prepare the scope of works ensuring compliance with conditions throughout the contract.
- Negotiating and Pricing Target Costs for future contracts awarded through Frameworks agreements and monitor preliminary expenditure
- Value Engineering pre & post Tender
- Managing a team of 3-4 surveyors
- Submit Change Requests/Variations to ensure additional works are recorded and paid for by the client; including design changes.
- Management and control of subcontract and variation accounts to prepare and accurately forecast final accounts.
- Experience within a senior surveying position reporting to either a commercial manager or director, with a proven track record working closely with key members from the client (building and maintaining relationships)
- Experience with JCT suite of contracts in a main contractor background (new build)
- Technically knowledgeable of general construction methods including modern methods of construction, steel frame, concentre frame, etc (new build)
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Good level of numeracy
- Good influencing skills
- Property services/construction industry knowledge
- IT and Excel Literate
- HNC or Quantity surveying qualification required.
- RICS accredited.
If this sounds like a role that suits your profile, then feel free to get in touch.