Building Surveyor/Project Manager
Temp-Perm - Planned works
Location - North London
Salary - 20-24ph DOE
Daniel Owen are proud to be partnered with a large growing property maintenance company in the London area. This is an exciting opportunity to join a company with an aggressive growth plan.
They are looking for a Building Surveyor/Project Manager to come on board on a temp to perm basis and manage the capital works programme.
Daily responsibilities for the successful Contract Manager will include:
- Effectively project-manage a range of housing refurbishment projects, maintaining clear communications with members of the project team, managers and other staff, contractors and residents.
- Provide a surveying and planning supervisory service.
- Maintain the highest possible standards of achievement, such that projects and programmes are delivered on time, to budget and to the required quality.
- Work in a corporate, co-operative and collaborative way with other colleagues across the council.
- Work will be delivered mainly on the basis of a rolling 7 year cyclical programme and will include external decoration and repairs to the main fabric of buildings, window and roof renewals, security and landscaping works, decoration to internal communal areas, replacement of kitchens and bathrooms, including domestic mechanical and electrical work.
- The ideal candidate would have a surveying background also and are able to handle pre and post inspections.
- Strong social housing, local authority or contractor background would be desirable.
Requirements for the role:
- You will have a proven track record and experience of managing cyclical and major works projects.
- The successful candidate will be able to work productively in a pressurised environment, act decisively when faced with urgent issues while consistently maintaining a high level of service at all times.
- Social Housing, Local authority or contractor experience is a must.